Under limited supervision, set-up and operate one or more machines. Set-up and operate secondary equipment and perform any other functions within the department that may be necessary.
Job duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Using defined processes and prescribed operation sequences, set-up and operate one or more CNC machines to close tolerance to achieve quality specifications. Producing moderate to moderately complex components.
- Troubleshoot process problems and make adjustment and minor repairs to achieve quality output. This could include adjustments to tooling, machines and/or part programs.
- Perform required daily maintenance to equipment and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform own part inspection using a broad range of precision inspection equipment; during the machining cycle.
- Generate and maintain department records where necessary. Including but not limited to inspection information (SPC), worklogs, routers etc. either electronically or in writing as required.
- Transfer and receive information from team members of other shifts, supervisor and engineers regarding the status of the operation of the department. Offer suggestions for process improvement.
- Assist support engineers with prove-outs and make suggestions to improve current processes as well as processes that are unproven.
- Simultaneous to CNC machining operation, perform a variety of secondary operations as required.
- Aid in training and guidance of lesser skilled personnel.
- Assist department management as required.
- Perform any other functions that are within skill ability, which may be necessary to achieve optimum performance of this team-oriented organization.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
Vocational trade's high school diploma or equivalent, formal trades apprenticeship preferred. Must have sufficient education to read complex engineering drawings, perform advanced shop math, and keep accurate records. Personal computer knowledge desired.
- Minimum of 3 year experience working as an Operator of CNC machines preferred.
- Experience working with a broad range of precision inspection equipment.
- Experience reading and interpreting complex engineering drawings, routings, and process sheets.
- Experience working in a team environment using team improvement tools preferred.
- Knowledge of CNC programming and machine controls.
- Must provide guidance to lesser skilled personnel and support groups to coordinate correction of problems with equipment and/or processes.
- Must be able to work in a self-directed team environment.
- Ability, desire and flexibility to perform a variety of operations as well as have good skills in judgment, problem solving and decision making
EOE - benefits include PTO, paid holidays, medical,and STD/LTD.